Located in the southeastern part of the county. Travel from Kosciusko on the Zama-Center road, left at the road on the top of a hill between the cabins of two Jamison negroes, follow the power line about 1/4 of a mile east down the hill; turn right through the woods at a large hickory tree; cross a small creek, and there is the cemetery. It is abandoned and overgrown; masses of iris are growing everywhere. Copied 7 April 1959.
There is evidence of a number of graves but no gravestones, not even field stones. The Jamison negro stated he had never known it to have any stones. According to Miss Lucille Gregory it was not used after the Civil War and perhaps even sometime before. At one time a church stood here, the members were mostly Baptist and some of other denominations, and it was called a union church because it served all denominateions. It is only a few miles from Center and served that area in the early days until more settlers arrived and each church set up its own building and cemetery. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
( ) Information not on tombstone but added by historians
* two or more names on one tombstone (double, triple, etc., stone)
# two or more names on one tombstone (double, triple, etc., stone)
(F.H.M) temporary Funeral Home Marker
Grave Noticeable grave without a tombstone
grave - F.H.M. Noticeable grave with unreadable Funeral Home Marker
(M.E.) Masonic Emblem on the tombstone
(E.S.E.) Eastern Star Emblem on the tombstone
(W.O.W.E.)(W.O.W.) Woodsman of World Emblem on the tombstone
copyright © 2005 by Everette Carr. All rights reserved.
Attala County - MSGenWeb