George C. Pee
Attala County, Mississippi
James N. Pee and his wife Elizabeth migrated to Alabama from South Carolina by way of Georgia. George Christopher Pee was born in South Carolina on June 27, 1824 and was the son of James and Elizabeth. On December 3, 1845 George Pee married Mary Elizabeth Mason. He was twenty-one and she but thirteen. Shortly after their marriage, George and Mary Elizabeth migrated to Attala County, Mississippi. In 1850 the family was residing in Kosciusko where George was employed as a carpenter.
Mary Elizabeth Mason Pee was born February 18, 1832 in Alabama. Her Grandfather was the Reverend John Mason, a Methodist Minister in Virginia and South Carolina. Her father, Reverend Reuben Mason (ca.1787-1863) was married to Nancy Watson. After Nancy's daeth, Rev. Reuben Mason married the widow Matilda Ray.
By 1860 the George C. Pee family is living in Beat 2 in the Multona Springs (T 15 R 8) area if Northeastern Attala County where he is following the trade of wagon maker. The family was also in this area of the county in 1870, but by 1880 had removed to Kosciusko.
The children of George Christopher Pee and Mary Elizabeth Mason Pee were:
- Emily Jane Pee (1847-1928). Emily married Blanton Hill Fullilove on September 21, 1865. Blanton Hill Fullilove was the son of Burwell Pope Fullilove and Ariann Adams. Emily may also have been married to Eddie Guest/Guess.
- Docktor Franklin Pee (born December 13, 1849 and died July 29, 1912). Docktor married Cherrie Ann Delilah Owens. Cherrie was the daughter of John Owens and Nancy Jane Bridges. Photograph of Dockter F. Pee family
- Cecelia Rebecca "Becky" Pee (1855-1937). Becky married Reverend John Calvin Thompson. Rev. Thonpson was the son of DavidSherrill Thompson amd Mary "Nancy" Brower.
- James Reubin Pee (1857-1928). James married Eula Lee Harris.
- Sarah Amanda "Sallie" Pee (1860-1939). Sarah married George Washington Lord, the son of Alanson Lance Lord and Theodocia Mitchell.
- Nancie Elizabeth Pee (born June 6, 1862).
- John Newton Pee (1864-1934). John married Mary Ann "Mollie" Forrester, daughter of James Thomas Forrester and Sarah Jane Sims.
- Martha Mariah A. Pee (born June 23, 1866).
- Ella Pee (born May 1, 1868).
- Georgia Ofelia Pee. (Born 4 February 1871 and died 20 October 1871).
- Joseph Johnson Pee (born 1872). Joseph married Annie Gertrude Norsworthy.
- Eddie Matilda Pee (born 1875). It is believed that she married Charles Morgan Guess.
Mary Elizabeth Mason Pee died on June 9, 1880 in Kosciusko, Attala County, Mississippi. The day after her death, George Christopher Pee, sat down and composed a letter to his sister-in-law, Sarah A. Mason Barnhill, who resided in Perkinsville, Winston, Mississippi. View a copy of George's letter to his wife's sister on occasion of the death of his wife.
It is not known when George C. Pee died or where he is buried.