Located extreme southeast Attala County. To reach travel Hwy #14 East from Kosciusko toward Louisville,Miss., and at the Glendale community turn south or right on the paved farm-to-market road just east of "Big Boy" Williamson's brick home and continue past the Pleasant Ridge Primitive Baptist Church. The cemetery is on the left and G. C. Lansdale's home is on the right. The graves are on the right of the road just before the road divides with one surfaced road going east into Winston County and the other toward Zama. This road is between Hwy #14 and Hwy #19. Copied 29 July 1987.
There are two graves located near Alvin Brown's house at the edge of a field about 200 yards from Mr. Brown's:
James M. BROWN, 26 Feb 1861 - May 1861, son of W. J. & Sarah Brown (stone broken)
Grave - indicated with a rock, but no writing
( ) Information not on tombstone but added by historians
* two or more names on one tombstone (double, triple, etc., stone)
# two or more names on one tombstone (double, triple, etc., stone)
(F.H.M) temporary Funeral Home Marker
Grave Noticeable grave without a tombstone
grave - F.H.M. Noticeable grave with unreadable Funeral Home Marker
(M.E.) Masonic Emblem on the tombstone
(E.S.E.) Eastern Star Emblem on the tombstone
(W.O.W.E.)(W.O.W.) Woodsman of World Emblem on the tombstone
copyright © 2005 by Everette Carr. All rights reserved.
Attala County - MSGenWeb